Athlete Application Form
2018 Season - All Divisions
Applications for the 2018 STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series are now open. The event dates for this season are as follow:
- Sunday June 17, 2018 - Pro Women and Rookie Western Qualifier - Port McNeil, BC
- Sunday June 24, 2018 - Pro Women and Rookie Eastern Qualifier - Memramcook, NB
- Thursday July 19, 2018 - Pro Men Qualifier 1 - Group Red - Wasaga Beach, ON
- Friday July 20, 2018 - Rookie Canadian Championship and Pro Men Qualifier 2 - Group Black - Wasaga Beach, ON
- Saturday July 21, 2018 - Pro Men and Women Canadian Championship - Wasaga Beach, ON
- Sunday July 22, 2018 - Canadian Champions Trophy (Qualification and Main Draw) - Wasaga Beach, ON
The Canadian Champions Trophy will be celebrated on Sunday July 22. There will be a qualification round in the morning open to 16 athletes only* (please make sure to check the box in the form below if you would like to apply to participate in this event). Top 12 athletes from qualification will move to the main draw which will take place in the afternoon.
*The Canadian Champions Trophy is an invitational event. Athlete selection will be at the discretion of the organizing committee.
2018 STIHL TIMBERSPORTS Series - Athlete Application Form
Please complete and submit form by SUNDAY JANUARY 28, 2018.
Travel dates to Championship weekend in Wasaga Beach, ON
Athletes are required to arrive on the following dates:
- Pro Division – Group Red: Wednesday July 18, 2018
- Rookie Divisions: Thursday July 19, 2018
- Pro Division – Group Black: Thursday July 19, 2018
- Pro Women's Division: Friday July 20, 2018
- Rookie athletes can return home starting Saturday July 21, 2018, unless you want to stay for the Championship weekend (hotel including breakfast is covered by STIHL TIMBERSPORTS but athletes are on their own for meals on days they are not competing in).
- Men's Pro Athletes can return home starting Saturday July 21, 2018, except athletes who advance to the Canadian Championship Final or athletes that will be participating in the Champions Trophy on Sunday July 22. These athletes will return home on Monday July 23, 2018.
- All athletes who do not qualify for the Championship Final are allowed to stay until Sunday July 22 to attend the Canadian Championship Final. Athletes who wish to stay until Monday July 23 to watch the Champions Trophy event on Sunday July 22 are welcomed to stay but they must pay for their hotel night and breakfast (will be deducted from prize money).
- Athlete selection begins on Monday January 29, 2018.
- Selected athletes will be notified by Friday February 2, 2018.
- Once athletes are notified of his/her selection, they must pay the application fee
- Application fee is CAN $150 for Men's Pro Division and CAN $50 for Pro Women and Rookie Divisions
- Application fee must be paid by Monday February 26. If an applicant has not paid his/her fees by this date, he/she will forfeit his/her spot in the Canadian 2018 series and a new athlete who didn't make the cut will take the spot. Once this decision is made, it will be irreversible.