STIHL Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG in Germany, is a leader in the distribution of chain saws and handheld outdoor power equipment in Canada. We have an immediate opening at our London head office for a fulltime Product Specialist, Forestry and Accessories reporting to the Sales manager Quebec and Eastern Ontario.
- Define product strategy to meet corporate growth objectives
- Evaluate new accessory and safety apparel products for possible market introduction
- Conduct periodic overview and reporting of product sales performance
- Perform regular analysis of pricing structure and product margins
- Gather and compare information on competitive product offerings
- Respond to product related questions, following up as necessary
- Keep up to date on various regulatory standards and industry practices
- Chair bimonthly committee meetings
- Maintain product listing (i.e. Accessory catalogue) on various online platforms (intranet, website, microsite)
- Update and review seasonal promotions and sales programs; format order forms for major promotional campaigns such as Spring and Fall Chain Saw promotions
- Work closely with the Purchasing department to accurately forecast accessories and forestry articles in ERP system
- Foster excellent relationships with cross-functional groups
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience in a consumer/professional retail or marketing environment
- Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Power Point
- High level analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility for travel to trade shows and some field visits (15-20 overnights per year)
- Knowledge of the Outdoor Power Equipment industry is an asset
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset
We offer excellent working conditions, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in applying please email your resume to the attention of the Human Resources Supervisor, STIHL Limited - email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make this known in advance.
REGIONAL MANAGER, East GTA - Ontario
STIHL Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG in Germany, is a leader in the distribution of chain saws and handheld outdoor power equipment in Canada. We have an immediate opening for a Regional Manager, East GTA (Mississauga, Toronto to Midland). This is a full-time permanent position working remotely and reports to the Sales Manager, Ontario & Western Canada.
- Work with our dealer network to ensure they have sufficient and appropriate supply of STIHL products for their respective markets
- Assist our dealer network with sales growth initiatives & advertising support
- Develop end-user contacts with construction contractors, landscapers, municipal organizations and government agencies
- Prepare field reports, trip reports and other internal reporting at regular intervals
- Conduct product training sessions to targeted user groups and dealership staff membersManage territory with approximately 30-40 overnights per year
- Support corporate growth initiatives by managing dealer network coverage in the assigned territory recommending changes as required
- Maintain close contact with Credit department keeping up to date on market and dealer developments and assist as necessary
- Must be willing to travel within the territory. Some weekend work and evenings is required. Company vehicle provided to travel approximately 45,000 km/year.
- Knowledge of STIHL products
- Extensive knowledge of the outdoor power equipment industry
- Previous sales experience & relationship management experience
- Experience with conducting product training session for groups of people
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, initative, and versatility are essential
The ideal candidate will live in the GTA
We offer excellent working conditions, a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits plan. If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager, STIHL Limited - firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make this known in advance