Choosing The Right Chain Saw
Choosing the right chain saw will ensure you get the job done quickly and efficiently
With 40 different STIHL models to choose from, you have many options to consider, which will result in finding a saw that is the perfect fit for your needs. Consider the following when trying to pick an appropriate model:
1) SIZE OF JOB – Our wide range of chainsaws has been designed for different-sized jobs. Remember, if you feel that the job might be beyond your knowledge and skill level, hiring a professional is your best choice.
2) TYPE OF JOB – Trimming limbs? Felling trees? Cleaning up your yard? Not only do we offer a wide range of chain saw models, we also offer several types of guide bars and saw chain. Visit your local STIHL dealer for help on picking the guide bar and chain you need for your job.
3) FREQUENCY OF USE – If you are only going to use your saw for the occasional limb removal or light yard work, one of our homeowner saws may be enough. If you have more demanding jobs on a regular basis, you may want to consider purchasing a mid-range model.
4) SOURCE OF POWER – STIHL now offers both gas-powered, electric and lithium-ion battery-powered chain saws. When choosing your saw, consider mobility, ease of starting, weight, as well as initial and ongoing costs.
5) OPTIONS – Choosing a chain saw with the right options for you will ensure a perfect match, resulting in a safer and more enjoyable experience. Whether you're looking for easier starting, heated handles and carburetors, tool-less quick chain tensioning or other options, STIHL has the right model for everyone.
Remember to visit your local STIHL dealer who has the knowledge and expertise to help you make the best choice.