Choosing a chain saw
Making wood cutting easier, quicker and simply more satisfying, a quality chain saw will cut through the work in next to no time.
Does size matter?
- Consider what you need the saw for : a 30cm guide bar can cut almost twice its length – that's a half metre diameter log.
- You obviously need power, but not too much to control. Consider the task and seek advice. Make it safe : make it easy.
- Check for safety features like an inertia chain brake, side chain tensioning and a chain catcher.
- A saw that is comfortable to use is safer to use. Find a well-balanced machine with a good power-to-weight ratio: light enough to handle with the power to do the job.
- Ease of use is another deciding factor. Is the chain saw easy to start? Are controls accessible and simple to operate?
Always seek specialist advice when choosing a chain saw. Your local STIHL Dealer will guide you on the most appropriate saw for your needs and supply relevant safety clothing and accessories.